Monday, April 15, 2013

I'm in LOVE!

Lookit that FACE!

I made the mistake of going to the local Humane Society's website and I found this little girl.  Then I actually went over to the adoption site at the local Petsmart and spent some time with her.  She didn't want to be held by the person working there, but when I was left alone in the visitation room with her, she crawled into my lap, curled up and commenced purring like a little engine.

I can't stand it looking at her face in this photo!

Why didn't I take her home?
1.  Because it's the time of year to renew my lease and I've not done that yet.  I want to renew here, but it would be less messy to do that and pay the kitty fee at the same time.
2.  I'm going to be travelling a lot in the next few weeks and it seems really crappy to give her a new home and then be gone a lot -- even when there are people willing to stop by and give her food, lovins, and clean her box.
3.  She's declawed (which is required by my apartment management), but I know there might be an elderly person out there who wants a declawed kitty but is like me and couldn't be the one to actually do it.  What if I'm taking this lover from someone more in need.

I could have taken her home right there.  The people pretty much said, "Eh.  No worries."  That bothers me a little.  There is no adoption fee because they get so many cats.  I mean, are they even checking to see if I'm good enough to be a kitty mommy?  Worse, are they checking if someone else is good enough to be a kitty mommy or daddy?  I was very emotional on the drive home.

What do you all think?

1 comment:

  1. While millions of cats and dogs end up in the HSoc, far far more are cats. Of those, most of the cats never find a home. Chances are you aren't taking her from someone else. Chances are you would be saving her from euthanasia...

    They can't even keep cats as long as dogs because there isn't the space. If you are really worried about leaving her alone...get her a buddy. Most animals do better with a companion. After all, even if you don't travel you are away from hom 8 hours+ a day.

    Take her home!! :)

    ReplyDelete