Monday, October 8, 2012

Miscellaneous Monday

I woke up pretty crabby this morning.  First, I was annoyed with my alarm clock for reminding me it was 5:30am.  I used to get up early because that's the way I am.  I now get up early just because it takes me longer to get going in the morning these days.

Second, the Packers lost yesterday.  I don't want to say any more about that.

Third, my subconscious is still broken.  Last night I dreamed about John Travolta (Welcome Back Kotter John Travolta that I had a huge crush on when I was a girl) and he wanted to kiss me.  I stopped him because I hadn't brushed my teeth.   Once again, I thought my dreaming thoughts were supposed to be uninhibited.

Things have turned around, however.  I didn't get up and plant myself in front of the television to all of a sudden have a hour and a half go by and then suddenly be panicked that I need to get showered and dressed.  I got in the shower right away.  From there, I couldn't be stopped.



I cleaned up the bathroom and refilled things like my Q-tip jar.  By the way, you need to check out the back of the Q-tip box that has tips about what you can use them for.  Someone in marketing needs to take a new photo of using a Q-tip to clean a computer keyboard.  I don't think anyone has a keyboard that looks like that anymore.  The bed is made, the garbage cans are emptied (OK, I just dumped them all into the kitchen garbage, but that counts).  The kitchen counters and table have been cleared of the things that I have been stacking there because I didn't want to find a place for them.

I figured I better start out Monday in a super organized way because, if the stars align, I am going to be going away on Wednesday and not returning until next Thursday night.  There will be a drop in on Sunday to do laundry and get ready to leave on Monday again.  Most of it business -- a couple of days personal.  Anyway, I have to have my duckies in a row.

So I feel good about not getting distracted by the television.  Though I am watching Cake Boss at the moment.  I have a little crush on the Cake Boss -- but only during the opening credits when he's lip syncing to Sugar, Sugar.

The BEST part?  When I was still groggy, I decided to step on the scale.  How can that ever be the best part?  I've lost ten pounds in the past two weeks!  I have been trying -- but only half heartedly.  Almost 12 years ago, I went on Atkins and lost 75 pounds.  I was a hot little number.  I followed a low carb lifestyle for about 8 years and was able to maintain my weight.  Four years ago, I decided that I would become mostly vegetarian (ironic).  I gained 40 pounds as I started eating pasta and bread again.

I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago and nearly cried when I saw the scale.  I decided to cut out the carbs again.  I didn't go psycho like a person does on the first phase of Atkins.  I mostly have quit bread, pasta, and sweets.  I've even splurged a couple of times -- like the afternoon I got the letter from the doctor saying I needed to go on cholesterol medication.  I went out and got a Burger King Whopper meal -- and yes I ate the bun and the fries.  I haven't exercised either.

Snacking isn't easy to do because most snack foods are not low carb.  Pretty much anything low carb has to be prepared.  I think that's the whole magic of low carb, actually.  You have to actually prepare something to eat and, if you're feeling lazy, you just don't eat.  That and there aren't preservatives in meat.  Okay, there are things in your meat (like hormones and stuff) -- but ... Anyway.  I don't want to debate what's healthy or not.  I know I lost 10 pounds!

I noticed that some of my pants were feeling a little roomier.  In my depressed mood, I figured that I'd just gotten so fat that I stretched them out.

Now ... there is someone else who needs to notice the weight loss.  I am giving him a free pass for the moment because even I thought I'd stretched my pants.  I am also going to give him a free pass because he's sat with me while I've cried about my weight gain.  I've cried about being a fat kid and how I got teased in school.  He is probably terrified to notice.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment