Monday, January 21, 2013

Honey Boo Boo Hangover

She's much cuter in a still photo.  I can look at her photo and then go on my way and I'm fine.  It's when I flip through the channels and stop on TLC that I'm in trouble because I will find myself mesmerized for hours.  Just like last night.

I was fairly productive yesterday morning:  took out the garbage and recycling, did the laundry and folded it (didn't put it away, mind you -- no need to go crazy), cleaned the  junk off my kitchen table that landed there from weeks of walking in the door and just dropping it there (no need to have it clean for meals or anything), did hair removal, packed up my Christmas presents for RLF and her family (then realized the post office would be closed today and got annoyed), clipped and organized my coupons, wrote a thank you note to my sister for her Christmas presents to me, actually loaded the dishwasher and turned it on (I didn't unload it until this morning)...  You get the picture, I was doing all those little annoying things that don't take a lot of time but always get put off because they don't take a lot of time so you can do it "anytime".



I even baked some chicken breasts for lunch and then took a two hour nap.  The plan was to wake up from the nap and do some more productive activities.  By the time I woke up, I was a little fuzzy and decided that I'd already been more productive than I had been for the last three Sundays combined -- therefore I was ahead of the game.  I then proceeded to switch on the television.

By 11pm, I'd watched hours of Honey Boo Boo.  I'm not going to admit how many hours as that would be like admitting having five cosmos in one sitting and then wanting sympathy for the pounding headache.  I guess the main part was that I was planning on going to bed right after Shameless -- which is critically acclaimed and stuff, so it's okay to watch that one, I think.  I've always been a person that goes to bed early.  Especially on a school night.

So while I was making my coffee this morning (and being productive by emptying the dishwasher -- but that was mostly to get my favorite mug), I tried to figure out why I was so tired and having such a time waking up.  This early to bed, early to rise part of my personality has caused conflict over the years, "It's Saturday.  No one does things at 8am!"  Sheesh -- I thought I was being polite by not calling at 6am when I woke up!

Anyway, I remembered that I didn't crawl into bed until 11pm.  Honey Boo Boo, however, didn't provide me with a vodka induced slumber.  No, my head was racing with thoughts about her and her family and how they have their own television show.  They speak in English and have English subtitles.  The mother farts, burps, and sneezes on the food she's preparing (I was actually getting sick to my stomach at the idea of eating anything she prepares) -- and they have their own show!  And why do they have their own show?  Because people like me who are otherwise educated, semi-accomplished, and articulate watch that show until way past their bedtime.

No no ... I'm not asking for any sympathy for my Honey Boo Boo hangover ...  But there has to be a HBBA meeting somewhere, doesn't there?

I did get something out of it, though.  I have my own Honey Boo Boo Nickname:  Glitz Bliss.  Sounds like a stripper.  How does the computer know me?

Because I've often heard that the best thing for a hangover is a little "hair of the dog", I indulged.  Sadly, I scored a 9 out of 10...  Seriously, don't take this quiz while you're eating.



2 comments:

  1. Okay...disclaimer: I only watched about 5 minutes of the show - but I predict HBB will be prego by the time she is 13. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to run in the family ... When their mother refers to their mommy parts as 'biscuits' on national television... I shudder.

      Delete