Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Today in the History of Queen Bess's Life

In my humble opinion, Queen Elizabeth I, was the Ultimate Spinster of All Time (USAT).  Her reign brought a small island to the forefront of world politics, saw the rise of one of the greatest authors of all time, and showed the world that a woman could lead a nation to greatness.

2013 marks the 580th anniversary of her birth.  While I started this blog as a way to release my Spinster Stress and, perhaps, entertain, I also wanted to celebrate the Spinster.  No husband and no kids does not mean a life of 'less'.

To celebrate this 580th year of Queen Bess's birth, I will, throughout the year mark important moments of her life and reign.

It seems fitting to start with today as it is the anniversary of Elizabeth's Coronation at Westminster Abbey, London, in 1559 at the tender age 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment